How to Clear Your Facebook Cache
Have you ever tried to post something to Facebook, and it’s picked up the wrong image? Your description is all wrong. And no matter how many times you try, it’s the same thing over and over.
So frustrating, right? It feel’s like Facebook’s out to get you.
There’s a little trick to help you out with that.
Sometimes you need to clear Facebook’s cache, so it can pick up the most recent version of your posts meta-description (the descriptive text and featured image).
Here’s what you do.
- Go to Facebook’s debug tool
- Type in the URL of the page you’re trying to paste into Facebook
- Hit ‘Fetch new scrape information’
4. Facebook will show you exactly what’s going to be shared with that link
5. If the image or meta description is wrong, hit the ‘Fetch new scrape information’ button again
6. You might need to do this a few times before it updates
7. If it’s still the wrong image, go back to your post and check your settings, and make sure you have uploaded the correct image via Yoast
And that’s it!
Short, sweet and easy.
Creator - Your Web Toolkit
Cathy is the owner of Your Web Toolkit, where she empowers online entrepreneurs to turn their business dreams into reality.